Business owners should prepare their property now!
While Walnut Creek, California is still warm and sunny for the winter season, be warned that it is not set to continue. El Nino is coming to California and soon! The predicted forecast is due to be reminiscent of the El Nino winters of before. The ’96-’97 winters faced floods, devastation, and ruin in Southern California.
So that your building is ready for whatever weather may be coming this season, prepare your property to survive the storm!
Planning and Procedures:
Have a meeting with your building management team to discuss the El Nino emergency situations.
- Has our list of emergency contacts been updated? Does everyone have access?
- Is there a correct way to turn off electrical hazards in flooding zones?
- Do we have a flood preparation action plan?
Visual Inspections and Obvious Debris:
- Inspect all storm water and roof drains on site, as well as adjacent sites, clean all debris inside drains.
- Inspect building storm drain pipes for cracks and leaks.
- Check all storm water pumps for correct operation and remove debris from pump strainers.
- Identify all possible electrical hazards in flooding zones, and the correct way to turn off the power.
- Test to make sure there is no leaking, especially in areas where electrical components are in a close vicinity.
- Visually inspect window seals.
Emergency Equipment Inspection
- Wet Vacs
- Backup Generators
- Emergency sump pump
- Rain gear for employees
Be sure to be prepared for the upcoming El Nino, due to arrive late winter! For easy management of your landlord business and safe upkeep of your property, contact Landport Systems in Walnut Creek, California today!