Protecting buildings from risks such as theft, loitering, vandalism, rioting, and workplace violence comes with a variety of unique challenges and can take a lot of forethought, planning, and creativity.
Whether you’re looking to secure your property, building, service, or more, read the following for useful advice on how to do just that!
The first step to a good commercial security system is a risk assessment to determine the level of security needed. Ask yourself the following:
- What are you protecting?
- Why are you protecting it?
- How will you protect it?
- What’s the likelihood of something happening?
This enables companies to rank risks, preventing them from spending $50,000 to protect a $2,000 asset.
For a physical building, you should bear in mind:
- The area – if it is located in a high crime area
- The geography – if your state suffers from natural disasters frequently
- The age – if your building is older, it may require protection. If newer, it may need more security
- New technologies may be worth the investment for the higher security
- Preventative maintenance
For those securing a company, keep the following in mind:
- Risks of service
- Protecting data online
- Limiting employees to access data
- Communications to multiple vendors, clients, and more
- Securing the workflow for your processes and employees
Fortunately, there are ways to put your business on the path to secure success!
For those property managers, building managers, service providers, or someone who needs multiple lines of communications within one management solution, Landport Systems can help you! Contact us in Walnut Creek, California today to get started on your property management today!