New Year Facility Manager Resolutions
As 2015 kicks off, it is the perfect time to make resolutions that can help benefit your professional life. As a facility manager, both employees and tenants look to you to fix any issues that arise. Keep these resolutions in mind to ensure that you are able to excel at all of your duties this year:
- Strategize and plan – taking the time to strategize and plan for the whole year will help you collect any necessary data that you need to better do your job. Make a plan that will identify who, what, and when projects need to be done.
- Create reporting procedures – making sure every project is properly reported will help to ensure that each job is done correctly and on time. It will also help you know if there are any new issues that arise while other projects are being done.
- Listen more – you probably got to your position by having the right knowledge and experience. However, this does not mean that other employees and tenants do not have important insight. Listening to recommendations from your employees can help to give you better ideas on how to get projects done.
- Encourage additional training – the more employees know about their position and other jobs within the company, the better the entire process will go. Encouraging training to help employees meet goals will help to ensure the overall success of your team.
- Monitor and track repairs – Keeping track of what’s being done , when and by whom is essential for effective building maintenance.
Allow Landport Systems to help with all of your work order management needs. We can help you start the New Year off right with the right preventative maintenance and work order management procedures to help ensure that your business runs as smoothly as possible. Contact us today to learn how we can help improve the workflow of your property management business.